Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another e-mail from staff

An e-mail came in Friday from a frustrated ITA staffer trying to do their job but needing to jump through hoops to get that work done:

Subject: What are they trying to hide ???

Fellow Rumblers, it has come to my attention that Randi and her 14th floor cronies have given orders to lock-out access to many of the folders on the networked shared drives. What exactly do they have to hide? Is this the Pentagon with Top Secret, highly classified information? Last time I checked, this was a public entity with fiduciary duty to be open and honest with the public, let alone it's employees. In fact, with this continued suppression of information, will Rumblings become the only source news and views withing ITA?

First, thanks for the e-mail.

Second, not one thing that Rumblings has published and shed light on was pulled off of any ITA file server. Everything was published officially by ITA or culled from the internet. All of it was disemminated to ITA staff, for the first time through this blog.

This further shows the narrow sightedness of your management.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being the "Zuma Dog" of ITA. I've learned more about our failing department through this blog than from my ISM I or II. I feel like a mushroom. I’m not sure if it’s from our management’s own clueless ness or that they don’t trust us. If it’s a trust thing, that’s OK, I don’t trust them either. From our ISM on up.

I’ve never in all my years with the City, in any department, seen morale as low as it is here now. We seem to be a department bent on self destruction. I think many are looking for opportunities to get out, others are counting the days to retirement, some feel trapped in a position that is going no where without the possibility for development and promotion. It makes it very difficult to get up in the morning and make the trek to work. I think I’m not alone when I say this is only a “job” now, I used to say with pride, it was a career. The only thing that motivates me now is that this is a way and means to provide for my family.

Thanks again for the rumblings, keep them coming it's the only way we are informed.

Rumblings in ITA said...

This has truly been a genuine "team" effort. No one person is Rumblings, there are many to share the thoughts and concerns of all ITA'ers. Many of us like you, once took pride in being City employees, working for the Data Service Bureau, The Information Services Department and more recently ITA. Let's all hope we can get some of that back before our retirement date. The truth is clear that neither Simmons or Levin care less about ITA or any of us and our City careers.