Sunday, June 8, 2008

Zuma Dogg for Mayor?


ZD FOR MAYOR?: I am at the same crossroads as Magic. Although I don't want the aggravation, either...I'm so frustrated feeling that I know how to improve things, that I may not be able to prevent myself from putting my name on the ballot. I know it's hilarious...but when you consider that formula you mentioned that Walter came up with about only needing 160,000 votes (or something like that)...all i can say is...i think enough people would vote for me (even if i'm not in debates) due to the level of name recognition (IT'S HUGE, BRO...EACH DAY I AM MORE AND MORE STUNNED BY THE RESPONSE FROM PEOPLE ON THE STREETS. Oh man, it's not joke...I think I could force a run off. Even if people do not know I am running beforehand, if they see the name "Zuma Dogg" on the ballot...it's like you said a long time ago...then add that to all the people who actually know me now. I LIKE BEING ZUMA DOGG AND DON'T FEEL I "NEED" TO BECOME MAYOR ANYMORE THAN BATMAN OR SPIDERMAN FEEL THEY NEED TO JOIN THE POLICE DEPT.

But again, as someone who has not only studied Dr. Deming's "Methods for management of quality and productivity" (and innovation), but as someone who has been published internationally in "Quality Digest" and praised by Deming himself in 1991 in a letter he faxed to me...

I may have to run because I really wanna get in there an implement these changes on day one.

Everyone in these departments citywide and in city hall already know what to do and how to improve the system. But you have a retaliatory, vindictive, greedy mayor and so he is floating the boat UPSTREAM, against the grain on purpose.

When I let all city workers know, "You are the ones who know what is wrong with the system and how to do the job right the first time...so I want to empower all City workers to go ahead and do the job to the best of your ability, the way you think it should be done. YOU ARE NOW EMPOWERED TO START MAKING YOUR JOB EASIER, AND MAKING THE CUSTOMERS (CITIZENS) HAPPIER BY USING COMMON SENSE ON THE JOB. And the department heads will be meeting with each of you to solicit your feedback on what is broke with the system and how to improve the process. (Fix the system for the workers, so they can do a better job.)

Then, people start taking some pride in their jobs.
________________________________________
Fun idea. Have to be intrigued by the idea of Magic Johnson's chances though. Let's start the campaign to oust the Mini Mayor in 2009 today.
Zuma Dogg said ... Oh no...intrigued by Magic? WHAT ABOUT INTRIGUED BY ZUMA DOGG! I'M THE ONE THAT IS GONNA IMPLEMENT DEMING'S PRINCIPALS. We're trying to improve quality and productivity, not trying to improve sticking a ball in a hoop. I have to sound the Price Is Right loser sound on myself. HEY, Zuma Dogg...you just typed that whole post and all they can say is, "intrigued by magic." Whomp, whomp, whomp, whomp...(deflated) Whoooooooomp. June 8, 2008 3:55 AM
Anonymous said ... Just remember, don't do anything that looks like campaigning on city time. (Note the "vindictive" Mini Mayor comment above.) The ethics commission members are his appointees, too, just like the civil service commission members who probably changed their votes to keep their commission positions! June 8, 2008 8:20 AM
Rumblings was called out by Zuma Dogg, so we would like to make a point of clarification: Everyone is intrigued by the idea of anyone replacing the current Mayor, be it Zuma Dogg or Earvin "Magic" Johnson or others mentioned on the various City political blogs. Tony Villar's vindictive and preferential management style has permeated City departments and it's impact on ITA leadership has been well documented on this blog since January.
As to the comment about Rumblings doing any campaigning: We have only brought light to what is being discussed on other blogs and websites. The leadership of the City impacts ITA. This blog does not and will never take politics to the offices and cubicles of City Hall. What the good people of ITA discuss in the workplace is their business. Randi Levin has been the only one to show her political bent via City resources. Remember her comments about Proposition "S"? Then again, the General Manager is a politically appointed position.

6 comments:

Zuma Dogg said...

Oh no...intrigued by Magic? WHAT ABOUT INTRIGUED BY ZUMA DOGG!

I'M THE ONE THAT IS GONNA IMPLEMENT DEMING'S PRINCIPALS. We're trying to improve quality and productivity, not trying to improve sticking a ball in a hoop.

I have to sound the Price Is Right loser sound on myself. HEY, Zuma Dogg...you just typed that whole post and all they can say is, "intrigued by magic."

Whomp, whomp, whomp, whomp...(deflated) Whoooooooomp.

Anonymous said...

Just remember, don't do anything that looks like campaigning on city time. (Note the "vindictive" Mini Mayor comment above.) The ethics commission members are his appointees, too, just like the civil service commission members who probably changed their votes to keep their commission positions!

Anonymous said...

Most manager's are going to ask, "Deming?"

Anonymous said...

Didn't Zuma Dog work in operations in the 80's?

Zuma Dogg said...

"Operations in the 80's"?

Someone did some resume research on ZD. I was "Operations Director" of a major radio station in Houston in about 1990, and worked for a bunch of stations across the U.S. in the actual '80's.

The fact that most city managers would say, "Who is Deming?" is the problem. It's not the fault of the managers (although it's disappointing), but I am here to say, when it comes to the management of quality and productivity (improving efficiency and fixing the system) -- I BELIEVE YOU CANNOT GET AROUND DEMING'S 14 POINTS!!!

If you go to my ZumaTimes.com there is an article, "Interpreting Deming's 14 Points" that Deming approved of and was published in "Quality Digest" and sent some real shock waves into the radio and record industry.

IT'S ABOUT INNOVATION!

Rumblings in ITA said...

I think the commenter was referring to Computer Operations here at ITA in the 80's Zuma (then the department was called ISD).

Perhaps you strike a resemblence to a manager or computer operator of the day.

Like most places the 80's had their moments even in the ISD EOC.